Saturday, February 10, 2018

We must die to self

Galatians 2:20
I have been crucified with Christ; and it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself up for me.

Ephesians 4:22-24
...that, in reference to your former manner of life, you lay aside the old self, which is being corrupted in accordance with the lusts of deceit,

Philippians 3:8
More than that, I count all things to be loss in view of the surpassing value of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord, for whom I have suffered the loss of all things, and count them but rubbish so that I may gain Christ,

Colossians 3:5
Therefore consider the members of your earthly body as dead to immorality, impurity, passion, evil desire, and greed, which amounts to idolatry.

Luke 9:23
...If anyone wishes to come after me, he must deny himself, and take up his cross daily and follow me.

John 12:24
Truly, truly, I say to you, unless a grain of wheat falls into the earth and dies, it remains alone; but if it dies, it bears much fruit.

Luke 9:23-24
...If anyone wishes to come after me, he must deny himself, and take up his cross daily and follow me.

Romans 6:11
Even so consider yourselves to be dead to sin, but alive to God in Christ Jesus.

Romans 12:1-2
Therefore I urge you, brethren, by the mercies of God, to present your bodies a living and holy sacrifice, acceptable to God, which is your spiritual service of worship.

1 Peter 4:1-2
Therefore, since Christ has suffered in the flesh, arm yourselves also with the same purpose, because he who has suffered in the flesh has ceased from sin,

Galatians 5:24
Now those who belong to Christ Jesus have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires.

Romans 8:12-13
So then, brethren, we are under obligation, not to the flesh, to live according to the flesh...

Romans 6:11-14
Even so consider yourselves to be dead to sin, but alive to God in Christ Jesus.

John 3:30
He must increase, but I must decrease.

Titus 2:12
...instructing us to deny ungodliness and worldly desires and to live sensibly, righteously and godly in the present age,

1 Peter 4:2
...so as to live the rest of the time in the flesh no longer for the lusts of men, but for the will of God.

Luke 14:33
...anyone among you who does not forsake everything he has cannot be my disciple.

Matthew 10:38
And he who does not take his cross and follow after me is not worthy of me.

Ephesians 4:22
...that, in reference to your former manner of life, you lay aside the old self, which is being corrupted in accordance with the lusts of deceit,

Galatians 6:14
But may it never be that I would boast, except in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ, through which the world has been crucified to me, and I to the world.

Romans 6:8
Now if we have died with Christ, we believe that we shall also live with him,

Romans 6:6-7
...knowing this, that our old self was crucified with him, in order that our body of sin might be done away with, so that we would no longer be slaves to sin;

Ephesians 4:22-23
...that, in reference to your former manner of life, you lay aside the old self, which is being corrupted in accordance with the lusts of deceit,

Matthew 16:25
For whosoever will save his life shall lose it: and whosoever will lose his life for my sake shall find it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Maybe you're God

What if the kooky idea of solipsism is a divine hint? A solipsist is a person who thinks his is the only mind in the universe and that...